Monday, May 13, 2013

How to Not Make Your Mom Cry

Dear Mom,

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I didn't get you a nice card like I probably should have. So I thought today's blog post should be dedicated to you. Besides, you deserve to be celebrated more than just once a year! (Er...make that twice a year, including your birthday.)

There are a lot of things I could say here. I could say how thankful I am that God has blessed me a with you: a woman who exemplifies godliness, who is gracious, who is beautiful inside and out, who is teaching me that growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ is a life-long endeavor; One who forgives freely, loves profoundly, and gives the perfect hugs. Not sure what could be better.

I could say that I count it a privilege and an enormous blessing to call you both mom and friend. Best friend, in fact.

I could say that everything I know I learned from you...which would be pretty true. Except for those four years of college. Actually, now that I think about it, those college classes only confirmed everything you've ever told me! (Just wish it wasn't so expensive.)

You see, I could say all of those things here, but I don't want to make you cry. And some things are just better coming from 10-year-old Kid President. So I'll let him do the talking.


[Just for the record, I love your meatloaf. So, disregard that part.]

Thanks, Mom. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment