Thursday, July 4, 2013

How to Declare Independence (with an important announcement!)



I, the author of EMpressions, in order to form a more perfect blog, establish literary justice, insure blogosphere tranquility, provide for the common reader, promote the general welfare (of the author and her readers), and secure the blessings of literature to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this WordPress website for the readers of the United States of America. 

Today, the fourth day of the seventh month of the year of our Lord 2013, I do hereby declare independence from Blogger.com, to move to a new host, namely, wordpress.com. 

I hold these truths to be self-evident, that all writers are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator certain publishing rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of excellence in blogging. 

Therefore, I now hereby solemnly consecrate and inaugurate this site, EMpressions (otherwise known and registered as emilygehman.com), in its new home via WordPress, for the reading pleasure of its patrons and the glorification of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ. For this, I pledge my foreseeable future (that is, at least the next two weeks), my fortune (ha!) and my sacred honor...or something like that.

Okay, so maybe it’s not original, but it is true. I’ve moved EMpressions to emilygehman.com, to be hosted by WordPress. This host site is a bit more comprehensive, has wider capabilities, and all around more professional. So head on over there, to emilygehman.com

I’ll leave EMpressions up at blogger.com for a while, until I’ve recovered everyone (yes, all twelve of you) to the new site. And as always, thanks for reading!

Oh, and Happy Fourth of July. God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment