Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How to Recharge After Being Recharged

I'm in recovery mode right now, so if I write something unintelligible here, just ignore it. My brain will catch up eventually.

Why am I in recovery mode, you ask?

Well, I spent last week hanging out with some really cool students at the GARBC (that's the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches) National Conference. It took place in Dearborn, Mich., about an hour away. I worked with Regular Baptist Press, reporting on Students Alive!—where all the cool kids hang out when their parents are in the general sessions.

The theme of the week was "Recharge Your Faith,"so everything revolved around encouragement from the Word of God...and who doesn't love that kind of encouragement?!?

They did a ton of stuff, too, including helping out at the Detroit Rescue Mission on one of the hottest days of the summer (seriously, it was warm).

I also reported on the Talents For Christ national competition (where my friend Molly took 2nd in the writing competition...SWEET!), which was pretty neat because I participated in TFC when I was in high school. (I may or may not have had some pretty intense flashbacks.)

It was really fun—hanging with the teens, working with the media team, writing on a midnight deadline, and drinking coffee almost nonstop. I mean, there's the whole I'm-excited-to-maybe-get-five-hours-of-sleep-tonight thing that we experienced each night, but that's okay.

Hence the recovery mode.

Purple because the pool is open and my shoes are tired. I'm hungry.

I should probably get back to that recovering thing.

If you're interested, here's a list of links to the stories I wrote last week during the conference:

Monday Students Alive!: Teens Recharge Faith as Conference Begins
Tuesday Students Alive!: Small Things, Big Effects
Wednesday Students Alive!: Renew, Recharge, Remember Who You Are
Wednesday Talents For Christ: TFC: All in the Family
Thursday Talents For Christ: High-Resolution Display

And here's a link to all the conference news items: 2013 GARBC Conference Links

Thanks for reading this semi-intelligible post. I think I might go take a nap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment