Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Nostalgia at its best

Well, it has come down to my last full week at home. Though, not without excitement, mind you. Thanks to the 5 inches of rain and plenty of lightning and wind, we found ourselves in the dark on Sunday night. Nothin' like a good ole power outtage to make you realize that procrastinating on that big pile of laundry maybe wasn't the best decision. We were out from Sunday night about 8ish til about 3 yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon. It was fun. I said that we should turn Amish and then we wouldn't have this problem!

Needless to say, we are all thankful that it is back on. Now for that laundry...

Ah, it's waited this long, it can wait a few more minutes. Besides, there's more than one way to wear a pair of underwear!

So now I have become consumed with seeing how much of my life will fit into the car. Yes. It's a good thing we own more than just the Volkswagen (Although I do think my little Jetta will be lonely without me...). Packing is hard work. With this being my first year away, I have no idea what I will be needing. I can only rely on advice from everyone else who has been there (and depending on the person, can be somewhat tricky...). So it will be interesting for sure. I may be sending half of what I take back home til Christmas! Or I may be running to Walmart every week for the stuff I forgot...Hard to tell but I think I'll be okay (I am thankful for the Walmart only 3 miles away!)

I leave Michigan on Thursday the 20th and arrive in Pennsylvania on Friday the 21st. Why such a long trip, you ask? Pennsylvania isn't THAT far from Michigan! Well, it really depends on who's driving... plus Ohio road speeds are kind of ridiculous.
Just kidding (well, not about the OH road speeds). We're making a stop in Marblehead, OH to spend the night with Adam and Linda and then Linda is coming with us the rest of the way (how's that for a sister-in-law from OH! Score!) which I am pretty excited about. Plus it shortens the trip about 3 hours, so instead of 9 hrs out in one day it will be 3 hrs to OH and 6 hrs to PA. Sounds good to me!

So like I said, this is my last full week in this great state of Michigan (oh trust me, I will be bringing plenty of MI paraphernalia, so it will feel like Michigan for sure). And perhaps I am over-dramatizing this, but you have to understand - this is kind of like the end of the world for me because I can't really see past the next week and a half or so. So over-dramatizing? Maybe. Feeling too nostalgic? Maybe not.

Okay, seriously. My room is starting to smell from the pile of laundry. So that is my next task. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment