Saturday, August 1, 2009

T-21 Days! Not that anyone's counting...

Hello there!!! Thanks for tuning in...

It is now August! In just a few short weeks I will be traveling across the country to the grand old state of Pennsylvaney to begin a new adventure... College! Excitement is coursing through my veins....well, maybe some of that is caffeine, too.

This past year I attended Oakland Community College here in Auburn Hills, Michigan for my freshman classes. I have saved a lot of money and have enjoyed the extra year here at home. But now it is time to cut my strings, fly the coup, spread my wings, take the plu--oh wait... let's not get carried away, here.

Baptist Bible College is located in Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania - about a half hour out of Scranton (yes, Scranton, where they shoot "The Office"). BBC is about 1/4 of the size of your local highschool - no, I'm not kidding. Including undergrad, gradschool & seminary, there are a little over 1,000 students. My graduating class will have about two to three hundred people in it, if I'm lucky. But that is one of the things I love about it!

You might be wondering how one can afford Bible College. Well -- I'm still wondering that too! Let's just say it's...slightly more expensive than community college...!!! But by the Grace of God and his unending provision and faithfulness, I have watched my school bill shrink and shrink over the past few months -- and I have no idea how. The God we serve is one amazing guy.

I will be studying Biblical Counseling and because of the rigorous Bible classes at BBC, I will have the equivalent of a double major -- A major in Bible and major in Biblical Counseling. And you know what that means -- lots and lots and LOTS of reading. BBC will make an early riser and a speed reader out of me yet! ...

I'm so excited to see what God has in store for me. It will surely be a never ending learning and stretching experience - and I can't wait to get started. God is good. This blog is to keep you - my faithful reader[s] (hi, mom!) - updated on what God is teaching me throughout this ride. Thanks for reading!

So -- Only 3 weeks before I leave for this great adventure. I'm nervous, excited, scared, thrilled, anxious....and the list goes on. Bu
t there's one thing I know for sure: I'm ready. Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment