Sunday, August 30, 2009

OK, I will crawl out of my little homework hole long enough to update you on my first week at BBC...okay, who am I kidding - I haven't done any homework this weekend!!

It has been a crazy first week of classes - hardly time for a breather! Between getting settled in the dorm, going to meetings left and right and then starting classes - there has been little time for relaxation! So far, I like all - or at least most - of my classes...

Monday : Old Testament History (9am), West. Civ (12n), and Theology II (2p)
Tuesday: Old Testament Prophets (9a), Principles of Bible Study (11:30a)
Wednesday: Proclaiming the Gospel (8a), OT History (9a), West. Civ (12n) and Theo II (2)
Thursday: OT Prophets, Principles of Bible Study
Friday: Proclaiming the Gospel, OT History, West. Civ, and Theo II

Now just imagine a 4+ page syllabus for each of those classes - and you will understand what this week had entitled for me. Talk about information overload! yes. Oh - throw 3 softball (fall ball) practices in there somewhere and complete the picture!

I like my classes, and I'm excited for the Bible that I'm diving into so far. Yay Bible College!

In other news...
Yesterday was the New Student retreat at Dorney Park. Dorney Park is a small amusement park in Allentown, PA that is pretty much a mini (and I mean mini) Cedar Point. It was fun -- didn't have to wait more than 2 mintues for any ride -- first time that has ever happened to me before! Of course, when all you know is Cedar Point - well it just doesn't stand a chance, but that wasn't the point of the trip, I know. It was fun, I'm glad I went (plus it was free...what good college kid passes up a free trip to an amusement park??). However, that did keep me from doing anything productive (i.e. homework) yesterday... Oh well, It was worth it! :-)

So, I guess that's what I should be doing now - Homework. Not too much for this first week but lots of reading. but I can do that! :-)

And...just for your information - not that you should write this down or anything...I'm not saying you should do anything with this information but just IN CASE you need it...

Emily Gehman Box #269
Baptist Bible College
538 Venard Road
Clarks Summit, PA 18411

;-)


Pictures to come...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment